Mining & Energy
The Australian METS sector exports over $15 billion of products and services to every corner of the globe, and invests $4 billion in R&D.
We have been working with mining equipment, technology and service companies (METS) in Australia, Latin America, and internationally for the last 19 years. This has provided us with a unique insight into how mining companies contract equipment, technology and services for their operations. Our experience working in international jurisdictions is backed up by the fact that we have offices in multiple countries. Our team provides strategic guidance that makes a huge difference to whether clients have a successful experience when exporting internationally.
– Act as external in-house counsel on a part time basis managing all corporate, commercial, labor, and intellectual property matters.
– Contract review and assistance with negotiations.
– Drafting of license, distribution, and agent agreements.
– Registering with the local mining suppliers associations.
– Registering trademarks and patents.
– Managing the legal aspects of entering foreign markets including incorporating companies, partner agreements, Intellectual property, and contract reviews.
– Taxation and structuring advice in Australia and internationally.
– Labor and foreign workers advice.
– Advise on commercial issues.
– We have assisted over 200 METS companies over 16 years from Canada, Australia, UK, United States, Europe, and South Africa.
– We assisted an Australian water treatment company with a joint venture agreement regarding the construction and operation of a desalination plant servicing the El Tesoro copper mine in Chile.
– Provided Kingsgate Gold and various other junior miners with tenement reports and ¨sign off¨ for ASX purposes.
– Conducted and led various due diligences for companies purchasing copper, gold, and iron ore mines in Chile and Argentina.