Clients depend on Harris Gomez Group to oversee and coordinate transactions in international jurisdictions, where strategic guidance, political and cultural insight, and experience with local counsel frequently make a world of difference in reaching a successful outcome. Whether acquiring assets in the U.S., forming a joint venture with an Asian company, or enforcing a contract provision with a Latin American supplier, businesses need lawyers who have demonstrated experience and an understanding of all the factors that can make or break a business opportunity. Our clients benefit from our unique and practical understanding of their worldwide business needs, which allows our clients to comply with domestic and international laws and effectively bridge the gap between different markets and cultures.
– International Business Obligations
– Providing assistance to in-house counsel in international projects
– Market entry through subsidiaries and liaison offices
– Negotiating, drafting, and analyzing civil, commercial and administrative agreements
– Customs law and foreign trade
– International Taxation
– Intellectual Property
– We assisted Arrium (Molycop) with reviewing and negotiating contracts in Latin America that had a collective value of over USD$100 million.
– We assisted Dematic, a multinational company, put in place a USD$700 million securities agreement for a revolving line of credit for their global operations.
– We assisted an Australian equipment provider win a USD$6 million dollar contract with YPF in Bolivia.
– We have assisted over 150 foreign companies with their incorporations in various Latin American countries that included preliminary advice, structuring, taxation, corporate and labor advice.
– Distribution Agreements – Getting it Right!
– Chile Practical Advice: Work Permits for Visiting Foreign Employees
– Lessons from Mexico – Finding Energy and Infrastructure Projects
– Peru Practical Advice – Commercial Contracts for Mining Suppliers
– Entering Mexico – Choosing the Appropriate Corporate Structure