International & Global Law
As a pioneering international law firm in 2001, with additional offices in Santiago, Chile and Bogota, Colombia, our fully bilingual team is ready to assist in a range of cross-border projects. We have worked with entities as diverse as banks and multinational businesses, to innovative Start-ups, to governments and large educational entities such as the University of Queensland and CSIRO. Our experience in this area sets us apart, with lawyers who have experience in multiple jurisdictions and cultures.
– Managing international legal matters – acting as a “virtual” In-house Counsel
– Reviewing contracts and agreements
– Cross border commerce and disputes
– International intellectual property matters
– Incorporating in a foreign jurisdiction
– Setting up and operating in Latin America
– Managing multijurisdictional litigation
– We have assisted over 150 foreign companies with their incorporations in various Latin American countries that included preliminary advice, structuring, taxation, corporate and labour advice.
– We assisted an Australian equipment provider to win a USD$6 million-dollar contract with YPF in Bolivia.
– We assisted a Chilean company with legal advice and assessment on the purchase of 2x cruise ship in Fiji.
– Assisted companies with incorporating in UK, EU and Asia from an Australian perspective.
– Acting as Australian counsel for RACV in a complex and large reinsurance litigation matter in Madrid.
– Assisted many Australian companies enter global markets for the first time.