Estate planning should be viewed as a long-term strategy to protect you and your family and ensure that assets are properly distributed in the event of your death. Our lawyers understand that a holistic approach to estate planning is critical and take into account your complete circumstances in order to provide you and your family peace of mind. From simple wills to complex structures (such as blended families and international assets), our team is dedicated to an attention to detail approach to come up with a complete plan for each client’s specific circumstances.
– Simple and complex wills
– Powers of attorney
– Appointment of enduring guardian
– Advance care directives (living wills)
– Testamentary trusts
– Capital protected trusts
– Superannuation advice including self-managed superannuation funds
– Advising on applications to the Superannuation Complaints Tribunal
– Business succession plans
– Family constitutions
– Protecting the wealth of high net worth clients
– Estate planning for de facto and same sex couples
– Drafting and advising on special disability trusts
– Trusts and life estates including remainder entitlements
– Drafting and negotiating deeds of family arrangement
– Gifts and charitable foundations
– Unequal distribution of assets in blended families
– Quarantining assets from the relationship property pool
– Administration of deceased estates
– Bankrupt estates
– International wills and estates
– Rectifying and contesting wills
– Applications for grants of probate, letters of administration and resealing of foreign grants
– Advising on applications for statutory wills
– Acting for plaintiffs and defendants in contested family provision claims
– Advising, initiating claims and appearing in cases of testamentary capacity and undue influence
– Informal wills
– Guardianship Tribunal work and protected estates, including claims for commission, assisting and advising on the filing of accounts
– Advising on the transition from executor to trustee and advising on long term trust estates
– Advising on matters relating to breach of fiduciary duty in relation to powers of attorney
– Representing estates of both significant and modest value
– Advising charitable institutions with regard to their legacies, balancing competing beneficial and family provision claims
– Assisted singles and couples with drafting of wills for both simple and blended families.
– Assisted and advised clients with international assets on how to best structure and protect their estate.
– Structuring “Business” Wills including drafting buy/sell agreements.
– Working with many financial planners and accounts to provide advice on structure and insurances.