MARGUERITE DE VILLIERS
T: +61 2 8095 6441
Level 22, Tower Two Westfield, 101 Grafton Street, Bondi Junction, NSW 2022, Sydney, Australia
Marguerite de Villiers is a Partner of the Harris Gómez Group, an international and multidisciplinary firm specialising in cross border transactions between Australia and Latin America.
Marguerite grew up in South Africa before moving to Sydney, Australia. Marguerite lived for 6 years in Santiago, Chile and has developed a strong network of high-level contacts. She assisted with opening the Santiago office and the re-opening of the Sydney office.
Marguerite manages De Villiers Recruitment, the human resources division of the Harris Gomez Group, along with the financial and investment decisions of the firm.
Marguerite speaks Spanish, English and Afrikaans and understands the intricacies of each culture. Marguerite is currently finishing her law degree from the University of New England.
– International business
– We provided anti-trust and director duties workshops to the Chilean Board Members of an ASX Top 200 company.
– We assisted an Australian water treatment company with a joint venture agreement regarding the construction and operation of a desalination plant serving the El Tesoro copper mine in Chile.
– Assisted a publicly listed Australian manufacturer of mining truck products with cross-border taxation structuring advice between Australia, Chile, Colombia, Peru, and Brazil.
– Assisted an ASX listed mining companies with a tenement report and Australian sign off for ASX purposes.
– Assisted Intermodal Solutions Group (ISG) defend their patents against a competitor in Australia and Chile.
– We have assisted over 150 foreign companies with the incorporation of companies in various Latin American countries that included providing preliminary, structuring, taxation, corporate, and labor advice.
– University of New England (AU) – Bachelor of Laws.