T: +61 2 8095 6441 – M:+61 449 186 101
Level 22, Tower Two Westfield, 101 Grafton Street, Bondi Junction, NSW 2022, Sydney, Australia
Harris Gomez is the Managing Partner of Harris Gómez Group (HGG). Harris has over 21 years of legal and business experience between Australia and Latin America. In 2001, he founded Harris Gomez Group and was the first Australian Law firm to have an office in Latin America.
In 2014, Harris re-opened our office in Sydney to support our clients both in Australia and Latin America.
Earlier in his career, Harris was the Principal Partner of Lyon Law Firm in Sydney specialising in Property, Finance, Commercial Litigation and International Law with Latin America & Spain.
Harris has been the President of the Australia Chile Chamber of Commerce as well as the Australia Peru Chamber of Commerce and Industry. He is currently the Corporate Secretary for the Australian Latin American Business Council (ALABC).
Harris specialises in setting up Australian and Latin American businesses and providing support to both regions.
His expertise is focused on common law and Latin American cross-border issues in areas including mining and energy, corporate matters, employment, taxation, intellectual property and business ventures.
His understanding of both the Australian and Latin American legal and business cultures makes him a priceless link between the two regions.
– We provided anti-trust and director duties workshops to the Chilean Board Members of an ASX Top 200 company.
– We assisted an Australian water treatment company with a joint venture agreement regarding the construction and operation of a desalination plant serving the El Tesoro copper mine in Chile.
– Assisted a publicly listed Australian manufacturer of mining truck products with cross-border taxation structuring advice between Australia, Chile, Colombia, Peru, and Brazil.
– Assisted an ASX listed mining companies with a tenement report and Australian sign off for ASX purposes.
– Assisted Intermodal Solutions Group (ISG) defend their patents against a competitor in Australia and Chile.
– We have assisted over 150 foreign companies with the incorporation of companies in various Latin American countries that included providing preliminary, structuring, taxation, corporate, and labor advice.
– Bachelor of Laws/ Bachelor of Commerce, Bond University (1992).