T: +56 2 2242 1157
Av.Vitacura 5250, Office 802, Vitacura, Santiago, Chile
Andrea Dawson is a Senior Associate with the Harris Gómez Group an international and multidisciplinary firm specialising in cross border transactions between Australia and Latin America.
Andrea was born in Australia and returned to Chile with her family where she completed her law degree. Andrea has over 10 years experience and is highly knowledgeable in the Intellectual Property and Commercial areas.
Andrea has sound knowledge on matters regarding to commercial and corporate law. She has been involved with high level negotiations, litigation, and drafting of license agreements, distribution agreements and franchising.
Andrea started her career working in Switzerland at the World Intellectual Property Organisation, Arbitration and Mediation Centre, as a Case Manager in the resolution of domain name disputes, among other matters.
Andrea returned to Chile where she presided over the International trademark division of one of the top IP firms in Latin America for over 9 years. Andrea has an extensive amount of experience working in the Intellectual Property Area where she specialised in matters related to domain names and trademarks at a domestic and international level.
– Construction and Engineering
– Mining Technology and Service Companies
– Intellectual Property
– Assisted Arrium with reviewing and negotiating over USD$100 million in grinding ball sales contracts in Latin America.
– Assisted a multinational American company with USD$700 million securities agreements for a revolving line of credit.
– Assisted an Australian rail equipment provider win a Bolivian tender with YPF valued at over USD$6m.
– Assisted Peruvian Explosives company, Exsa, with due diligence, commercial contract review, and general advice for the construction of a new chemical plant in Chile worth USD$15 million.
– Assisted an Australian mining technology company with drafting licensing agreements for Chile, Peru, and Colombia.
– Universidad Central de Chile – Bachelor of Laws.